Re: Attempt no. 3 failed, sort of....

From: Granpa Silver89 (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jul 21 2002 - 23:13:55 EDT

Crime in Italy.... Damn Adam LOL I don't know what to say! But its
about time you got that truck home finally!

Which reminds me - has Dakota gotten his truck back home yet? I don't
remember seeing a post from him after he got home with the rental? You
there Dakota? Everything ok?

Mr. Plow wrote:

> Ok, so after changing the idler pulley, and getting a new belt on my
> Dak, i started the 3-hour trip home, and almost made it....
> I was less than an hour away and smoke started coming through the vents
> INSIDE the cab!!!!!
> I popped the hood and ran back to get my fire extinguisher and back to
> the front to open up the hood. Well, no fire, just another melted belt.
> And another pulley destroyed.
> This time it was the tensioner pulley that basically disintegrated on
> me, leaving only the part around the bearing, and a sharp edge to cut up
> the belt to crap.
> So....
> I didn't have a cell phone, so i started to try to hitch a ride to the
> nearest little town. I only had to wait about 10 minutes, and it's
> funny cause the guy that stopped was from Saskatchewan, it figures no
> one from Ontario would stop for me, even with the hood up, and a fire
> extinguisher sitting beside my tires.... ughhh...
> Anyway, he let me use his cell to call yet another tow truck through CAA.
> Unfortunately, the guy that came didn't have a flat bed, or those
> portable dollies that you set the rear tires on, so he dropped me at the
> nearest truck stop, and called for a flatbed to meet me there.
> The 2nd guy came with the flat, and we went back and snagged the truck.
> This part is kind of funny, because i had left it in neutral the whole
> time, and the Dak was still there, damnit... hehehe
> We load her up, and drop it off in the parking lot across from my house,
> and then i did some drinking at a friend's party, so i felt much
> better. :)
>
> Anyway, i was a little hung-over this morning, but i'm going to start
> calling around to get another belt, and tensioner pulley...
> But at least i'm home. ;-)
>

> The Adam Blaster
> Two words, figure it out....

"Hey Ray! Granpa done gone'n hit another light pole!"

Granpa - (Silver89)

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow