Re: Carfax

From: Shadetreenut (shadetreenut@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 06:39:24 EDT

SECTION: SECTION RESULTS:
 Vehicle Specifications 1GCBS14E8F2155097
1985 CHEVROLET S10
 Title Check Clean Title History NOT Guaranteed
 Odometer Rollback Check No Odometer Rollback Detected
 Problem Check No Problems Found
 Registration Check Checked 7 types of vehicle registration
 Vehicle History Details 11 Total Vehicle History Records Found

NOTE: This vehicle has not been inspected by CARFAX and it may have problems
that have not been reported to CARFAX. CARFAX recommends a vehicle
inspection by a professional mechanic.

How did CARFAX analyze this vehicle's history?

VIN: 1GCBS14E8F2155097
Year/Make/Model: 1985 CHEVROLET S10

Body Style: PICKUP
Engine: 2.5L L4 TBI OHV 8V
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Carburetion: FUEL INJECTED
Cylinders: 4
Manufactured in: UNITED STATES

 ALERT! CARFAX search results confirm this 1985 CHEVROLET S10
(1GCBS14E8F2155097) DOES NOT qualify for the CARFAX Clean Title History
Guarantee.

CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history to determine if any title
documents were designated or marked with the following types of problems:

Problem Titles Checked: Results:
Salvage/Junk Checked - No Salvage/Junk Title Found
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Checked - No Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Found
Flood Damage Checked - No Flood Damage Title Found
Damage Disclosure Checked - No Damage Disclosure Found
Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON) Checked - No Manufacturer Buyback Found
Exceeds Mechanical Limits (EML) Checked - EML Found
Not Actual Mileage (NAM) Checked - No NAM Found

NOTE: Click here for a complete CARFAX Glossary.

 GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results on this 1985 CHEVROLET S10
(1GCBS14E8F2155097) did not uncover a potential odometer rollback. CARFAX
analyzed this vehicle's reported odometer readings to determine if any
reading is less than a previously reported reading.

Date Reported: Odometer Reading:
04/02/1985 30

----

03/14/1998 104,072

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

03/17/1998 104,072

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

09/11/1998 119,000

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

09/29/1998 121,000

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

03/12/1999 127,537

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

02/06/2001 127,537

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

03/01/2001 27,537

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

07/16/2001 27,537

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

09/04/2001 133,731

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results on this 1985 CHEVROLET S10 (1GCBS14E8F2155097) did not uncover any of the following problems:

Problems Checked: Results: Accident Checked - No Accident Record Found Salvage Auction Checked - No Salvage Auction Record Found Failed Emissions Inspection Checked - No Failed Emissions Record Found Fire Damage Checked - No Fire Damage Record Found Crash Test Vehicle Checked - No Crash Test Vehicle Record Found Grey Market Vehicle Checked - No Grey Market Vehicle Record Found NOTE: Click here for a complete CARFAX Glossary.

CARFAX search results on this 1985 CHEVROLET S10 (1GCBS14E8F2155097) identify the types of state motor vehicle department registrations, other than private, that appear in this vehicle's history.

Registrations Checked: Results: Lease Checked - No Lease Registration Found Rental Checked - No Rental Registration Found Government Checked - No Government Registration Found Taxi Checked - No Taxi Registration Found Fleet Checked - No Fleet Registration Found Commercial Checked - No Commercial Registration Found Non-Profit Checked - No Non-Profit Registration Found NOTE: Click here for a complete CARFAX Glossary.

The CARFAX database contains a total of 11 vehicle history records on this 1985 CHEVROLET S10 (1GCBS14E8F2155097):

DATE REPORTED ODOMETER READING INFORMATION SOURCE GENERAL COMMENTS 04/02/1985 30 Virginia Motor Vehicle Dept. Pearisburg, VA Title #34731695 Title or registration issued First owner reported Exempt from odometer reporting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

04/02/1985 Virginia Motor Vehicle Dept. Pearisburg, VA Title #34731695 Title issued Exempt from odometer reporting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

03/14/1998 104,072 Virginia Motor Vehicle Dept. Blacksburg, VA Title #82185151 EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS TITLE ISSUED

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

03/17/1998 104,072 Virginia Motor Vehicle Dept. Pulaski, VA Title #88948474 EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS TITLE ISSUED

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

09/11/1998 119,000 Virginia Motor Vehicle Dept. Wytheville, VA Title #59187548 EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS TITLE ISSUED

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

09/29/1998 121,000 Virginia Motor Vehicle Dept. Wytheville, VA Title #70199926 EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS TITLE ISSUED

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

03/12/1999 127,537 Virginia Motor Vehicle Dept. Wytheville, VA Title #59196743 EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS TITLE ISSUED

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

02/06/2001 127,537 Virginia Motor Vehicle Dept. Wytheville, VA Title #59196743 EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS TITLE ISSUED

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

03/01/2001 27,537 Virginia Motor Vehicle Dept. Wytheville, VA Title #58733852 EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS TITLE ISSUED

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

07/16/2001 27,537 Virginia Motor Vehicle Dept. Wytheville, VA Title #58733852 EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS TITLE ISSUED

09/04/2001 133,731 Virginia Motor Vehicle Dept. Ceres, VA Title #86252938 EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS TITLE ISSUED

Comment Definitions

Odometer Rollover (Exceeds Mechanical Limits) When the seller certifies, under the Truth in Mileage Act, that the odometer reading EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS of the odometer, usually 99,999 miles. NOTES:

Click here for a complete CARFAX Glossary.

You have significantly reduced your risk of purchasing a vehicle with a hidden problem. However, CARFAX has not inspected this vehicle. There could be other potential problems with this vehicle that have not been reported to CARFAX. CARFAX recommends a vehicle inspection by a professional mechanic.

Not all titles issued represent a change in vehicle ownership. For example, a title could be issued to reflect an address change or correction.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Josh Hancock" <jhancock@tcia.net> To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net> Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 11:50 PM Subject: DML: Carfax