Re: cryogenics

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 13:37:32 EDT

Man, this sounds like a total scam!

If you happened to stay awake in your high school science classes, you would
have learned that any time you freeze metal objects they become more
brittle. Then add to the fact as soon as you put them on and drive to the
neigborhood quickie-mart for a slurpie, you're instantly heating them back
up (caused by the friction when the pads rub agianst the rotors to stop the
truck) When metal expands and contrats because of the fluxuation in
temprature, the rotors are prone to warp. Going from -1000 degrees to
2-300 degrees sounds like disaster waiting to happen!

Gary Hedlin
"The Crazy Quadraplegic"
ghedlin@theramp.net (business)
ragingquad@yahoo.com (personal)
**Also Webmaster For**
http://garyhedlin.com
http://socaldakota.com
http://scsilverdak.com
http://assistivetechnologies.com
...And Many More!

<Aajaynefour@cs.com> wrote in message news:f6.1eab96a1.2a7171f7@cs.com...

> Anyone have an opinion on cryogenically freezing brake rotors and drums?
> Looking for a way to maximize the under-engineered brakes my Dakota.
There