Re: cryogenics

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 00:07:37 EDT

Heh heh. Good idea! No,sorrily enough,it`s not
possible to keep the factory rotors from
warping,unless you want to drive around in first all
the time. Poor quality materials used. Or not enough
materials. Actually,I think they`re made from recycled
Kroger "Big K" pop cans..........well,no that couldn`t
be right,because those cans are too thick to ever
become a Dodge brake rotor. Hmmmm. Hey,we should all
start a Dodge brake rotor humor page! Ex: What do you
get when you reverse-engineer a Dakota brake rotor?
Ans: $0.14 !! It would be laughable if it wasn`t so
sad. Mine are badly warped at 13,000 miles,and I
started to get something done about it 7,000 miles
ago,but figured what`s the use? That`s what they make
Powerslots for. Steve P.
--- Aajaynefour@cs.com wrote:

> Anyone have an opinion on cryogenically freezing
> brake rotors and drums?
> Looking for a way to maximize the under-engineered
> brakes my Dakota. There
> are several companies out there that do it and, of
> course, they tout its
> benefits. Just wondering.
>
> Andrew

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.