(no subject)

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 05:53:47 EDT

Best thing you can do is to build a "home brew intake" for your Dak.
Several of the folks here on the DML have done it and have kindly listed
the parts needed and how to do it. I'm sure if you take a look at some of
the websites and look at the how to's, you'll get an idea. As far as it
being smog legal, you have to check with your home state. Some of the
states are getting so picky now you can't do anything under the hood. But
for the most part, it will pass emissions checks with no problems.
Basically, all your doing is letting your engine breathe in a little easier
and that's a good thing. I suggest you go to the speedtweaks.net web site
and look under the tips and tricks link. You will find several outstanding
suggestions on how to make your engine perform better and some of them
won't cost you a penny.

Good Luck,

Ray Irons,
Dover, DE