Re: Upholding the DML rep

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 28 2002 - 23:05:38 EDT

That`s awesome news Bob! There is NO shame whatsoever
in that! As you say,your trophy was actually MUCH
better,and like dad always said,"Without the number
two guy,there is NO first,especially when the class
consists of only two contenders,or there are only two
guys that qualify for a given category!" I never
understood what he meant by that until now. :) Steve
P.
--- Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com> wrote:

> To all our southern brothers/sisters:
>
> The Northern brothers of the DML (actually an
> honourary member
> and a really senior citizen) upheld the DML's name
> and honour
> by doing battle in the Mopar Day Race at St.
> Thomas, Ontario
> on Sat. July 27th :-*
>
> In a field of 22 (all R/Ts, strokers, SC and juiced
> v6s except for
> a red 91 4x4 318 with light bars and a red 97 CC 318
> with no light
> bars), Jim Knox (honourary mem.) took 1st place and
> yours truly
> (senior going hand to hand with all comers) was
> runner-up.
>
> Jim ran a 16.871 on a 16.70 dial with a .622 rt
> while I ran
> a 15.160 on a 15.10 dial with one BIG RED rt (I
> think that they
> sounded the siren on that one :-8).
>
> Jim got a humongous trophy but I think mine was
> cuter, warmer
> and fuzzier.
>
> In reality (before a tribute is erected for us on
> the DML site),
> Jim and I were the only ones in the truck class :-)
>
> Was I ashamed to accept my trophy? Not on your life
> :-$
> Now, if I had finished third ... can you read
> "unsubscribe".
>
> Our dollar might be sinking to oblivion but we DO
> have fun !
>
> Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
> '97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto.,
> 3.92SG

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.