RE: Gooseneck Hitch

From: Bill (bill@nissley.com)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 03:38:06 EDT

The reason I am looking at a gooseneck hitch is not because I want to
tow an extremely heavy trailer. I am going to be getting from my father
a 5th wheel travel trailer that is made for compact (Ford Ranger) size
trucks. I want to avoid having the massive hitch inside my bed all of
the time (I know you can remove them, but what a hassle). Several places
sell 5th wheel to gooseneck adapters, mainly for farm types who already
have that type of hitch in their trucks for other equipment.

Boy, I didn't think this would spark such a conversation on load rating.