Re: Re: RE: Stumble on start up

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 23:40:14 EDT

At 05:41 PM 7/30/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks for the response Ron,
>By cleaning the injectors do you mean taking them out and having them
>professionally done, as I've always used fuel injector cleaner (Techron
>etc.) every 4th tank full since new. Fuel pump, AAARRRGGGHHH !
>Not looking forward to that. Anyway Thanks ~Jay

Jay

Ron has covered possible sources of your problem. Without a scan,
he's suggesting starting with the least expensive and working through
the list.

The stumbling right after a cold start is most likely the result of a lean
condition. Since the stumbling isn't there after a hot start and
considering your mileage, I would think that it is a fuel problem
(pump, injectors, etc.) or a lazy O2 sensor.

Good luck. Let us know when you find out the cause.

Bob