Re: RE: Hot engine......

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 14:51:20 EDT

"Neil W. Bellenger" <neil624b@rochester.rr.com> wrote:
: Adam,
: This was time consuming but it ensured that all the mud is gone. I pulled
: the front bumper and plastic air dam, popped out all of the black plastic
: "rivets" holding the rubber strip on top of the radiator and AC condenser,
: and removed the screws and pulled back the fan shroud. At this point I could
: see both sides from top to bottom of the AC condenser, the transmission
: cooler and the radiator. Everything got sprayed with the pressure washer,
: front, back, and sides. There was no place for any mud to hide. There was a
: fair amount on both sides of the tranny cooler that I wouldn't have been
: able to see otherwise. Blowing water into the front of the AC condenser just
: pushes the mud, leaves, and other vegetation into the tranny cooler and the
: radiator. Blasting down between them got all the gunk.

  Wow! And yet he comes back year after year to fill it right back
up with mud - now that's dedication! :-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'