Wire info needed...

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 20:25:45 EDT

I'm looking at putting in a hidden switch in the cab to deter thief of my
dak. I want to find out what wire is easy to get to that powers the fuel
pump. I hoping there is one under the dash ;-) I plan on using a latching
relay set up. What this will do is when there is power to the fuel pump This
power will hold the relay closed allowing power to the pump after the button
is pushed. This relay will open when the engine is shut off. This way the
button is needed to be pushed at each start up. I'm also going to put in a
hidden by pass switch for when I bring the truck in for service etc. Can
someone with a FSM for the 2000 QC 4.7L take a look and let me know if there
is a wire easy to get to?

Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+
http://Geocities.com/maldbnsf/