RE: Re: RE: RE: Need ABS and check engine help!!!

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@cox.net)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 00:43:49 EDT

My apologies to all. Because various individuals have been stating that off
the beaten path wheel diameters have caused trouble codes I decided to
investigate further. You folks are absolutely right! If you go to far off
the beaten path the PCM does detect the difference. Smart a$$ little
device. There are speed sensors for the front wheels as well and
information from the front wheel sensors is input to the PCM which does a
number of comparisons over a set time and determines if the rotations it
sees from the front wheels matches what it is expecting from the rear wheel
speed sensor. If they don't match or come close it DOES indeed throw a
code.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD