D#%*! HELP! NV-3500, Its My Turn..

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 11:30:08 EDT

Apparently I did NOT overfill my transmission, but its
leaking somewhere in the area of the tranny vent. What
scares me is, there is two small windows above the vent
that it could be leaking from. If so, this means it could be
a bad seal and its leaking into the clutch (front) housing. I
know its not engine oil so that rules out the rear main
seal.
The smell is not good, very similar to burnt oil. It appears
to leak down from the top, to the fill plug, then to the drain
plug area. I've checked these and they are sealed with
"The Right Stuff" and will never leak. And I've resealed
them again. Does this symptom sound familiar to anyone?

The tranny has been a good one for the past 5 years and
mainly sees freeway miles. Its been serviced by me, changing
fluids about every 6 to 8 months. I have not abused it by
any means, not even a real quarter mile pass. I will admit to
several stoplight romps that were a must. ;)

George