Re: 402 Magnum(435hp) crate motor swap?

From: scsilverdak (scsilverdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 04 2002 - 20:52:00 EDT

These crate motors are targeted at early NON-EFI performance cars(late
sixties thru late seventies)
In order for the 402 stroker to work the cam, timing chain cover, oil pan,
and intake would have to be swapped out
for a MPI specific parts.
would cost more to go this way than buying a 408 stroker kit from
SPEEDTWEAKS or KRC PERFORMANCE
and installing it, KRC's kit costs a lot less and is ready to drop in a RAM
or DAK!

Ron- '01 Dakota Sport 3.9 Supercharged
website: www.scsilverdak.com
e-mail: scsilverdak@hotmail.com