Re: Towed again????

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 09:55:58 EDT

>When you say you went through 2 pulleys,what exactly happens to the
> >pulleys, and the belt? Is this the 4.7 motor I take? have you pulled
> >plugs to see if you are burning the oil?

The first pulley, the bearings froze, and it wouldn't turn, this threw the
belt off (after melting it a little).
The 2nd pulley probably froze as well, bearings again, and REALLY melted the
belt, and that's when i got nice thick black smoke coming through my vents
INTO the cab of the truck. hehe
I'm pretty sure the small particles (clay and silt) got in there and ruined
the bearings in both pulleys. They are an encased set of ball bearings, or
ring bearings, whatever they are called, there is room for damage when your
engine gets covered in mud. :)
As for "bottoming out" in the pit, well, my custom 1/4" steel skid plate
provides great protection against this, so i doubt that would be the cause
of my problems. It really prevents anything from getting pushed into the
engine, except for some mud. :)

But, i am glad that everyone is throwing ideas out there, and i will likely
get my mechanic to check ALL of them out, i really need my truck to get back
to some state of reliability. Getting stranded on the highway has become
boring. :)

The Adam Blaster
Two words, figure it out.....