Long term storage questions

From: Dave (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 15:26:25 EDT

Ok, here's my dilemma. I'll be out of the country for about six months and
I'm trying to figure out what to do with my truck. Do I drain the fluids,
put it up on blocks and stack the tires, or do I have someone babysit for
me, start her up about once a week, maybe a run around the block if the
weather is nice (this option then turns in to the "who do I trust enough to
take care of my truck for six months dilemma")? Last time I was gone for
this length of time was when I was in the Navy, and it was with my '93 4x4,
all I did was disconnect the battery and leave her in the parking lot on
base, when I got back, she started right up, I took her home, changed the
oil, she was perfect. However, I don't think that was the best way to do it
and I'd like to do it right this time, since my new baby is still new.
Besides that, I let her sit last month while I was out of town, and she
didn't like it all, had mild flat spots on the tires (they were fine after
driving for a while), and she was sluggish for the first day of driving.
Thanks guys.

--
Dave
Bensalem, PA