Re: RE: Long term storage questions

From: Dave (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 07:59:23 EDT

The only person I would trust enough to drive her on any kind of a regular
basis would be my brother...and he lives in Denver :| I was always told
that if you're going to put a vehicle up on stands for any length of time
that you remove the tires to reduce the stress on the suspension, since it's
not designed to be hanging unloaded. I think I'm just gonna find a storage
facility, or someone I can trust that has a garage and put her up on stands,
do the gas stabilizer, disconnect the battery, good coat of wax and a cover.
Thanks guys.

--
Dave
Bensalem, PA

""Neil W. Bellenger"" <neil624b@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message news:LPBBIKPCKCAKDPKBEFILEEMPCPAA.neil624b@rochester.rr.com... > > > > -----Original Message----- > On Behalf Of Dave > Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 3:26 PM > To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net > Subject: DML: Long term storage questions > > > Dave, > If you're going to place the truck on stands or blocks that are high enough > to get the tires off the ground, (to keep them from flatspotting) why remove > and stack them? If the tires will be exposed to sunlight, putting covers on > them will help. The best solution for a six month period is find someone you > trust and have them drive 25 miles each week, which should be enough to > charge the battery by the amount needed to start up and will warm the engine > enough to evaporate any moisture in the oil. > > > >