FW: gotta check this out!!!

From: Tim Althoff (talthoff@yllwdkta.com)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 14:08:10 EDT

ok, I got this crazy idea a little while ago and decided to do something
about it. I am sick of how the back of the wheels have those ridges in them
and they just collect the brake dust and ultimately get baked on. Then I
also got this idea that I like polished aluminum wheels but don't want to
pay that much... So I took one of my crappy wheels and took some sand paper
to the back of them till I got it polished up. I then used a polishing
compound to get it even better looking. so look at these pictures...

http://www.yllwdkta.com/images/temp/DSC01111.JPG (good shot of the
polished side)
http://www.yllwdkta.com/images/temp/DSC01112.JPG (another good shot of the
polished side)
http://www.yllwdkta.com/images/temp/DSC01113.JPG (shows the difference of
polished and not)

I am thinking of getting a set of R/T wheels and polish the entire thing
(front and back). Now obviously when I complete a wheel I would need to get
it balanced but is there anything else (positive/negative) that you guys can
suggest about doing this...

...all I can say is I was really bored since I lost my job last week...

Tim Althoff
http://www.yllwkdta.com