Re: PCV valve buzz, should I be worried?

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 20:36:17 EDT

I havent ever pulled the throttle body... because I cant afford a throttle
body gasket... I am broke as a joke. Anyway, if I pull the pcv completely
out... with the valve cover open and my thumb halfway over the tube going to
the intake manifold... it runs GREAT... but if I completely plug it, my
truck starts clattering and nearly dies... this is the second new pcv valve
I've had in this badboy... buzzing with both.

I suspect that there is a vaccumn leak someplace... perhaps bellypan for the
3rd time... I dont know... I suspect for the same reason my truck starts
clattering when completely plugging the pcv valve... the reason why it
clatters at idle... but I guess the majority of the time... it should be
wide open shouldnt it?...(eg plugged?)

I dont know where to go... these replacements have been fram... I can
special order one... but I dont think that is pcv related necessarily...

Wes

I dont think its anything to do with