RE: 3 kills in 5 days :-)

From: Sam (srp@cox.net)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 00:42:01 EDT

So you liked the TB then.. LOL.

Good!

Sam

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net] On Behalf Of Ken Allgood
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 7:35 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: 3 kills in 5 days :-)

Ok, haven't seen any recent posts lately on any burnt rice, etc, so
figured
I'd chip in with some recent kills.. especially after I installed my F&B
50mm TB 10 days ago...

Kill #1: So I'm driving home, barely around the corner from work, and I
got
this Silverado? 1500 tailing me pretty good in a 35mph zone.. cop
station
at the end of the strip, so I ain't stupid enough to speed along this
strip.. After about 2 or 3 lights, some mild traffic, well past cop
station. I'm in the left lane, he's in the right lane. Less than
100yrds
after the light, the left lane ends and merges to the right lane.. and I
know this guy had been getting on it pretty hard.. so light turns
green, I
get on it a little bit, let him beat me across the intersection, give
him
about 1/2 car length.. Then I nail it.. she rears up, lurches
forward,
and by the time I hit 55 and the merge, he's a good 3-4 car lengths
behind
me (oh yeah, speed limit here is 55mph :P ).. I know I know.. unfair
pick on other trucks, but all of the Crustangs are too chicken to go
against
a Dakota.. I mean, wouldn't you be embarrased to have a "sports car" and
lose to a truck???? :-)

Kill #2: Saturday evening, driving down the main road here, and I'm at
stoplight sitting only behind a Honda (not sure, maybe Civic?)..
Silver, no
decals except for the H.. not riced out, actually looked 1/2 decent..
I'm
always up for stomping a Honda.. so light turns green, looks like he
starts
going, and I start getting up on it, he shifts to 2nd, and I just about
run
him over!! (LOL).. I guess he noticed this, and starts to get up on
it.. I
hop in the left lane (doing about 30mph), and by the time I hit 45 I'm
nose-to-nose with him.. at 60 I got close to 2 car lengths on him..
next
stop light I'm right in front of him.. light turns green.. by the time I
hit
45, got a good 3-4 car lengths on him.. too easy :-)

Kill #3.. Driving home from work, same road as Kill #2 (my favorite
strip to
do some spanking).. get in left lane next to a Tundra Extended Cab SR5?
He's got the music cranking (pretty weak system, especially compared to
mine), so I think he might get on it.. Light turns green, I get on it a
little until I see him revving it up.. so I drop the pedal, and at 45, I
had
about 3 car lengths on him.. hehehehe.. Thought these Tundras were
suppose
to be fast??? :-)

Oh yeah.. I got my Mopar PCM in today from Brian (thanks!) and installed
that while at work, and piggy-backed my hypertech PCM on it to see how
it
runs.. so I was running that when I took on the Tundra.. so computer
was
still learning.. the shift into 2nd took more than a second, it hung
around
5k for a second or so before shifting.. expecting that to go down once
the
computer "relearns".. should see a little bit better shifts :-) I
had
gotten on it pretty hard before that after putting in the mopar PCM, and
this was only time it took that long to shift. Anyways, rant away
about
racing on the streets (btw, only 1 of which I actually went over the
speedlimit)... *diving into bomb shelter*