Re: V8 Throttle Body-Another Question

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 17:50:54 EDT

Nelson Colwell wrote:
> You have to look at it from another perspective too. With the fastman, you
> have to give back your old throttle body. If you ever decide you want to put
> your truck back to factory specs for a trade-in, etc, you're out of luck.

How are you out of luck? Between the DML, dodgedakotas.com,
www.durangoclub.com and other enthusiast sites, surely you can find
someone who lives near you with a stock unit who wouldn't mind trading
up to an aftermarket TB for $150 or less, and hand over their stocker
for you to give up with the truck.

> When you factor the cost of a new throttle body, the F&B isn't that much
> more expensive, and IMO, the additional performance benefits are worth it.
> Its nice to know that if I have to sell my truck or go in for warranty work,
> I can slap my stocker back on in 20 minutes.

I have never been hassled by a dealer over my intake or my Fastman TB.
Under warranty or not. Even when I went in for the dreaded ping.

> If you're looking for
> performance, there is no way that the fastman can beat the F&B.. its
> impossible to port a stock TB to flow like F&B and while some say the
> performance difference is marginal.. I always want the best for my truck.

Fastman will also work with you to get the right product to put on your
vehicle. He won't sell you something that you don't need (if your
engine only needs 700cfm, why spend money on one that feeds 1000cfm?
There is a point of diminishing returns!) and I get the impression that
if he doesn't have the size you really need, he won't sell you something
too small. I always want the best bang for my buck (because it's not
just what's best for my truck, it's what's best FOR ME) and I don't
race. An extra $150 or more just isn't worth it to me. *This is why we
have choices and competition!*