RE: V8 Throttle Body-Another Question

From: Nelson Colwell (nelson@neltec.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 14:17:29 EDT

You have to look at it from another perspective too. With the fastman, you
have to give back your old throttle body. If you ever decide you want to put
your truck back to factory specs for a trade-in, etc, you're out of luck.
When you factor the cost of a new throttle body, the F&B isn't that much
more expensive, and IMO, the additional performance benefits are worth it.
Its nice to know that if I have to sell my truck or go in for warranty work,
I can slap my stocker back on in 20 minutes. If you're looking for
performance, there is no way that the fastman can beat the F&B.. its
impossible to port a stock TB to flow like F&B and while some say the
performance difference is marginal.. I always want the best for my truck.

The MP throttle body I believe you are referring to is the 4bbl. That one, I
believe has been discontinued. If you can find one used, beware that you
must also change your intake manifold to get it to work. It has such high
flow numbers that it is pretty impractical except for a highly modified
motor.

I haven't heard for sure, but I think its possible that F&B may be running a
special in the future to sell the returned 50MM throttle bodies from the
recent upgrade deal. Sam: do you know anything about such a deal? I wonder
who will be the lucky duck is that will get my old one.

-Nelson C.
2000 Black CC R/T