Re: RE: ABS

From: Bill Knight (wknight40@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Aug 10 2002 - 15:08:52 EDT

My 97 drivers seat does the same thing. If it is straight up it locks and
has no slipping. Lean it back a few degrees and it will slip with a hard
start. Wound up just about laying down th first time this happened. I know
about where this happens so I hang on to the steering wheel a little more
when getting on it harder than needed.
<rjearn@netscape.net> wrote in message

> Hi Rich, Thanks for your quick reply. I plan to take the sensor off
tomorrow and check it out for possible metal dust as advised by a mechanic
friend..Now my next problem is the Drivers seat slips back on the upper back
side when I take off from a stopped position. It seems something is
slipping and it is very annoying to the driver; has any one got an answer to
this problem? Thanks, Richard Earnest..."Wisotzkey, Rich"
<Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com> wrote:

> >Richard,
> >With the minimal description of your problem, it sounds like the ABS
sensor
> >on the rear differential may be bad. If your brakes are working normally,
> >would look at this possibility.
> >
> >As far as the mailing list goes, log onto the internet and go to "The
Dakota

http://shopnow.netscape.com/