RE: DIY lube job

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Sat Aug 10 2002 - 18:16:42 EDT

-----Original Message-----
 On Behalf Of andy levy
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2002 3:30 PM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: Re: DML: DIY lube job

How about for the supension parts (zerk fittings) guys?

The book
The book
Look in the book

Yeah, I know, I'm a wiseass.

Page 182: National Lubricating Grease Institute, (NLGI) type GC-LB.
When I started greasing the Toyota, it took too many contortions to fit the
rigid extension on the grease gun into the center fitting on the double
cardin joint on the rear drive shaft so I replaced the extensions on both
guns with flexible whips. It takes two hands, one to place the tip on the
fitting and the other to hold the gun, but it will "snake" into any fitting
I've encountered.