Re: RE: Mopar Nats Rocked!!!

From: Dave (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 12:55:08 EDT

Yup, that was my red rc with the shaved decals and gts style exhaust,
thanks. You've got a sweet truck yourself, very sorry to hear about the
cart incident, I don't know if I would have been able to control myself in
that situation, probably would have been kicked out for assault. Sorry I
didn't introduce myself, I was standing there while you guys were talking at
Bob's tent, wearing a hat, tank top, tattoos on both arms. If my travel
schedule allows, I'll definitely be at Carlisle next year, and the Nats
again, and next year I'll allow enough time off to stay for the eliminations
(and of course I'll try to get a lot more practice in between now and then).

--
Dave
Bensalem, PA

""Ray"" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:DHELJEKAGJCDGEGBEHHJGEJLCCAA.bpracing@worldnet.att.net... > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net > > [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net]On Behalf Of Dave > > > Subject: DML: Mopar Nats Rocked!!! > > > > Got back late last night, unfortunately I couldn't stay for the > > street class > > eliminations (can't wait to hear how everyone did). > > There were 9 Dakotas entered in the Street ET class but I only recognized > about 3 of them as belonging to DMLers. Bob Tom ('97 Dak 318) set some new > Mopar Nats performance bests with his newly ported heads (by son Dave) and > had a stellar .525 reaction time in round one to eliminate another friend of > mine (and tough, regular NTR competitor) in the process. > > Our friend Jim Knox ('91 Dak 318) also set new Mopar Nats performance bests > with his new Magnaflow muffler outperforming his previous open-header times. > > They eventually went down to defeat by uncharacteristic red-lights. The > weather had really warmed up by Sunday and began to take it's toll on both > performance and driver concentration! > > > It was great to get to > > meet some DMLer's finally, good folks (but I already knew that). > > Guess I missed meeting you Dave but if your R/T was the one with shaved > emblems/decals it really looked great!:-) > > > It was > > good to get some more practice on a track, and I learned a lot > > about bracket > > racing. > > Yes, you learn something new every time, no matter how long you've been > doing it! > > > Brice Rd was a blast, haven't gone cruising since high > > school, and > > even then it was nothing compared to this :) <snip> > > Dave > > Bensalem, PA > > '02 R/T RC Flame Red > > > > So true! We missed it this year as racing always seemed to end about > beer-thirty and we hung around the track to visit with friends for an hour > or so. By the time my wife and I got home, unpacked, cleaned the vehicles > and prepped for the next day there was no energy left for cruising.:-( > > Looking forward to hearing about other's Mopar Nats experiences and hope > everyone got home safely. > > Ray > http://www.dragtruk.com/ENTRIES/20KM1FD2KWBP.html >