Trouble code & Engine Warning Light

From: Jim (jimbrownf1@excite.com)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 01:14:53 EDT

Hi
Any ideas about what a check engine light and a P0171 trouble code indicates? The trouble code search results say this:

"A lean air/fuel mixture has been indicated by an abnormally rich correction factor."

My 2000 4.7 has about 42,000 miles on her. Mileage has been rather poor lately compared to 6 months ago. Off by 2-3 miles per gallon on a regular basis. Truck runs fine other than that. I ordered an 02 sensor for in front of the cat. Should be here in a couple of days.
Ideas welcomed and appreciated.!!!
Jim Brown

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com