Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Jet chip

From: Al & Jeanna Figols (ALJF@mhonline.net)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 20:37:39 EDT

My take on jet chips..... I bought a stage I module for my '00 4.7L
Dakota and it did absolutely nothing. I did some checking and found the
part # for the '00 4.7L was the same as the 97-'01 318 and the 360
engine. Now, the 4.7L is a totally different engine than the 318 and
360. The adjustments the module make may work equally well for the 318
& 360 because they are based on the same basic design and injection, but
the 4.7L??? I can't see how they same parameters can work in the 4.7L.
This proves that the adjustments made by the module are very basic. I
think if you want it done the right way, you need to have your pcm
professionally reprogrammed. I understand that the 4.7L has a lot of
potential with just some mild tweeking.
 Personally I got more power from my home brew intake than the Jet chip.
Al