RE: Show-n-Shine Summer Slam Nationals

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 15:13:53 EDT

Dave,
Back in the spring of 2001, I installed a rather large cam in my Dakota. It
was large enough the Mopar PCM couldn't handle it. In order to make things
"work correctly", I came up with a little "MAP Adjuster" circuit to skew the
signal from the MAP sensor back to the PCM. It tells the PCM the vacuum is
something it isn't. Its adjustable so it can be set for variable engine
configurations or situations. For example, you could dial it in to deliver
more fuel at the track, then later dial it back for normal driving or an
emissions test. It lets you more so control the fuel delivery.

The problem is without a source for MAP connectors (both male and female),
you have to chop up the factory harness. With the connectors, it becomes a
simple plug-n-play module. It currently measures roughly 3.5"x1.25"x.5".
With the proper connectors, I can probably reduce the 3.5" length to 2.5".

It takes me a long time to build them too. The case I'm using has to be cut
out and matched to the connector. I suppose it could be done with less
precision, but that would be sloppy to me, and I'm rather fanatical about
details. Ask Bob Tom how his looks. He has the only one I've released to
date.

I still need to break out my DVM and make some more analytical
measurements. I've had such an onslaught of home responsibilities lately,
that I haven't had a chance to chart out various voltage curves yet.

That pretty much sums it up.
Rich