brake work

From: Aajaynefour@cs.com
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 21:42:16 EDT

Hey all,

Today I replaced the front rotors and pads with Powerslots and Raybestos
Super Stops respectively. Everything went smoothly for the most part.
However, one of the caliper slide pins on the left side was seized and it
destroyed the threads in the cast iron when I backed it out. No way could I
get it torqued to the required 22 ft. lbs. I can just about turn it by hand.
 Damn!!!

My question is this: Is this something to be worried about? And, is it
necessary to lube the slide pins where they make contact with the rubber
bushings?

Thanks
Andrew