Re: Counting my pennys for my next mod....

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 05:53:30 EDT

(Snip) A slower constant coolant flow removes more heat than a fast high
volume flow. Am I right in this thinking? Bill

No, The greater the difference of temperature of 2 objects {Delta "t"}(metal
& water in our case)the higher transfer rate of BTUs. Speed it self has no
bearing on the transfer rate. But if the water is flowing faster the water
will carry a way the BTUs faster. DEI or Water wetter helps with this by
allowing a more efficient transfer of heat. Who would guess that my training
for a energy auditors license would come in handy 12 years later?

--
Don Mallett

http://FindFreedom.com/mallett