Jason How's the tb working out? Was:Tire size for an 11"

From: Woodruff, Jason P (jason.p.woodruff@boeing.com)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 13:05:01 EDT

It's doing all right. The oscillating idle never went away, but it's much
less severe and much less frequent. I get a 500-700 swing about twice a
day, and the big 500 to 1100 swing about twice a month. I used to get the
big swings every day, sometimes causing a stall.

The TB is noisy at idle. I don't really mind, but I get people telling me I
have a vacuum leak all the time.

I never really got the hang of the new linkage. I have trouble modulating
the throttle, but then again I never really worked on it. Either the vibe
in the pedal is gone, or I've just gotten used to it. My wife hasn't said
anything about a pedal vibe, and she can feel a pea under a mattress, so I'd
say it's gone.

I definitely notice the loss of low end torque and gain of HP. I miss the
torque, but do you really need any more initial TQ if you can spin any
wheels on any surface from 10mph and below. I need to find a new TPS (mine
had to be modified to fit the prototype TB) so I can do some TB swapping to
get a feel of what's better for which application.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota