Re: Please help! '96 Dakota hood latch failure?

From: Jon (jonsdak@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 17:21:28 EDT

The latch does move freely, but I believe that the lot my truck sat in
before it was auctioned was near the ocean, because my engine has a ton of
that thin white salty coating stuff on it, (a precursor to corrosion?), and
the hood latch is no exception. I'm thinking it'd be a good idea to replace
the hood latch too, even though it doesn't appear to be bent or rusted? By
all accounts, it should have caught before the hood flew up like that.

--
Later,
Jon

jon@jonsteiger.com -----.