Re: Please help! '96 Dakota hood latch failure?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 01:01:41 EDT

"Jon" <jonsdak@midmaine.com> wrote:

: Jon,
: I think I got it - but keep the offer for the pics open :-)

  Will do. :-) As far as re-installing them, as Jeff mentioned, you
will want to be sure they go back on correctly, although there is a
little room for error there. I've never marked mine when I removed
them, but just made sure they went back on approximately parallel
to the bottom of the window. You will probably need to adjust
them a couple of times before you get them just where you want them.
(because the wiper is angled out from the glass and you can't set it
against the glass until you push the tab back in, it can be hard to
judge exactly, you just need to try a position, then pull the tab back
out, rotate the wiper slightly and try again.)

If you're really worried about putting them back on exactly like they
are on the truck now, you could mark the wiper and post as Jeff
suggested, or you could use a grease pencil of a piece of tape to mark
the location where they lie on the windshield. (easier to clean
the mark off the glass)

: I'll try it out in the morning.
: Do you have any idea what the piece beneath the wipers is called?
: I'll try to put a little more detail into the description:
: It's completely metal, and from about 5" in on either side, is slotted
: completely, almost like a screen of some sort, with holes for the wiper
: motor "hubs" (for lack of a better word) and washer ports.

  Yep, its called a "cowl".

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'