oil change on 2002 4.7L

From: Rob Franks (marchem@cats.ucsc.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 13:51:25 EDT

I've got a 2002 quad, 4.7L w/ auto trans. After reading through the
archives about the hassle of changing oil&filter I was quite surprised when
I finally looked under mine and saw everything out in plain view. It looks
like it'll be real easy and no mess to do it. Did they get rid of the skid
plates in 2002? Did the dealer take and leave mine off when I took it in
for their free oil change?

Puzzling....

On a similar subject, my use of the truck is quite minimal. After 6 months
I've only got 1150 miles on it. I'm figuring that I'll be keeping this
thing for 10-15 years and not get over 70K miles (this truck replaced a
1984 Nissan PU that only had 75K). With such light use how critical is it
to change oil&filter every 6 months? Is there any type of oil&filter that
would be better (or worse) than others?

Thanks in advance.

Rob Franks
234 Alta Ave