Re: Test & Tune

From: Dave (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 20:24:15 EDT

Those times look about right for a CC (also depends on what track you were
on, and the weather). I pulled 15.04 @ 90.05 in my '02 RC with just a TB
and IP Stage II intake. Most of the guys on the R/T mailing list are
pulling 14's with mods, lot's of 13's too. There's a few guys in the 12's,
but then you're talking M1/heads/cam/rr's/nitrous or a stroker. I'm going
for the bolt on w/nitrous setup. Saw a CC at the Mopar Nats running pretty
much the same setup I want and he pulled a 12.5 @ 108, so I should be a
little quicker than that in my RC. A big part of it, as I'm learning, is
the driver. I only have about 19 passes down the 1/4 mile so far, you'll
see some better times as your consistency improves. Where do you live Bill?
A bunch of R/T's are getting together in Cecil, MD on Sept 7th for a test
and tune if you're interested.

--
Dave
Bensalem, PA

<DodgeDe@cs.com> wrote in message news:114.16123ab9.2a96c2d0@cs.com... > > Hi All. > Got a chance to get three runs on my 00' R/T CC. I was in full street trim > which includes the stock Goodyear's and 30K on the plugs ect. Tail gate was > up and spare on board. My mods so far are Magaflow cat back duels and the air > snorkel to the fender removed as well as the rubber piece between the > radiator and headlight. (for air to the air box) > 15.467 @ 89.33 > 15.731 @ 89.24 > 15.524 @ 89.48 > I would normally not be all that impressed but Jan 2002 Sport Truck had a R/T > shootout. Most with some high dollar mods but only a couple turned in better > numbers. > So what kind of numbers are out there? > > Bill > <A HREF="http://ourworld.cs.com/DodgeDe/">Dodge Charger and R/T Dakota</A> >