DDQC: Coolant Temp Gauge...

From: David (dodgedakotaquadcab@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 23:32:52 EDT

Last night,after stopping at a "Stop-n-Go" store,i
restarted the Dak,and drove away.Within 30 seconds,the
"Check Gages" light came on,and the Coolant Temp
showed 260F.I shut her down,let her cool down for 30
minutes.I added 50/50 mix to the coolant jar(it was
low),and she started up fine & ran fine.

Tonight,the temp guage reached just past the straight
up mark of 210F(after a stop like last night),but the
temp went back down to where it usually is all the
time,the red indicator right on the "2" of the 210
mark.

Anyone experience this?.I'm not worried,as i have
extended coverage out to 75,000 miles.

Also,i have the option to kick up my extended warranty
coverage out to 100,000 miles...

=====
<P>Home of my Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 3.9 R/T</P>
<P>visit "http://communities.msn.com/My dodgedakotaquadcabshome"</P>