Re: DDQC: Coolant Temp Gauge...

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 05:41:58 EDT

Hey, David,

<snip>Within 30 seconds,the "Check Gages" light came on,and the Coolant Temp
showed 260F. Anyone experience this?.I'm not worried,as i have
extended coverage out to 75,000 miles.<snip>

Check your T-stat gasket - at the "gooseneck." You don't say how many miles
you actually have on er, but the DAKSY showed evidence of the lek at about
40 K. Assistant mechanic told me the V-6 was known for this. I got around to
changing the one in the DAKSY after I got the 180 deg. Robt Shaw from
Speedtweaks - AND after getting the "Check Gages" light with the temp gage
pegged.
HTH,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4