Re: Relocating IAT sensor

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 06:02:29 EDT

Morning Dave,
      As far as the sensor getting too cold of a reading in the fall or
winter, I'll have to let you know in about 6 months, LOL. I moved my IAT to
the lid of the stock airbox this summer and so far, I've had no problems
with it. I have seen posts, both here and at DodgeDakotas.com, that
relocating the sensor to the wheel well will work. Another plus side of
putting it there is you can extend the wires enough to run in with the
factory harness and hide them out of the way. I know it's only cosmetic,
but it make for a nice clean install.I still have the stock airbox in my
truck with a K&N filter in it. I know, I know, but I bought the filter
before I found the DML and I'm going to keep it for a while longer. When I
pulled out the rubber flap next to the radiator, I also pulled the
schnorkel out from the wheel well and ran a piece of flexible aluminium
duct out to the grille for better intake of air. I think next spring, I'm
going to go to a home brew intake and lose the stock airbox. I just takes
up too much room under the hood and is really in the way for doing routine
maintenance. When I do that, I'm going to relocate my IAT sensor in the
wheel well.

HTH,

Ray Irons
Dover, DE