Re: RE: OT - Norton AntiVirus message

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 15:39:03 EDT

At 09:27 AM 8/25/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Your msg indicates that YOU attempted to send the virus to Linda Wethera.
>Seems the subject referred to some type of adult porn. It looks like a mail
>server or something noticed that there was a virus attached and quarantined
>it. Then, it sent you a msg letting you know it did that. At least that's
>what it looks like to me. All you networking experts out there, let me know
>if I said something that was incorrect. If it is true Bob, then it could
>mean that you've been infected and your system is trying to infect others.
>Occasionally, you'll hit mail servers or machines that are checking for
>viruses and will send a msg back to you telling you that you have been
>detected. HTH, Ron

That's what I thought :-)

I haven't sent any emails to a Linda Wethera ... don't even know anyone
with a name close to that. Looks like my addy is being used randomly
by whoever.

I do receive emails with that Klez H attachments, sometimes up to
half a dozen a day :-) Norton tags them and deletes them. As an
extra precaution, I usually run Norton's afterwards set to scan all the
files on my file. As previously stated, these scans have not tagged
anything.

Bob