Re: Rear-End Problems

From: Geoff (geoff_fahl_1@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 18:33:44 EDT

Pulling the diff apart isn't a problem. Putting it back together is a whole
nother world. With the new bearings in (you'd better replace them since the
diff is open and apart) it has to be readjusted and unless you have the dana
rear end, it is not shimmed. Instead it uses mechanical adjusters. For
what it's worth Chilton's says that's about a 7 hour job wether you replace
anything or just look at it.

Geoff

jon@jonsteiger.com -----.

http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'