Re: No modified exhaust in NJ

From: Kenneth Eng (keng@novadigm.com)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 14:45:09 EDT

After some emails with a representative of the company that performs the
inspection for the DMV, Parson, they are now saying that "modified" and "too
loud" may mean the same thing. They also stated that saying an exhaust
system is too loud is subjective and that they do not have any type of
decibel standards or measuring equipment to perform a sound measurement. I
am currently scheduled to have the Managers of the Randolph station look at
my Dak again this Saturday. If they still refuse to pass me then I will
want a new printout stating that they failed me for having an exhaust system
that's "too loud" rather than "modified". Hopefully an independent
inspection station will not think it's too loud.