RE: Re: runaway idle speed on 2000 slt+

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 09:24:01 EDT

YA DA MAN - BRUCE!

--------------------------------------
Steven St.Laurent
C4i System Engineer
C4i Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, U.S. Marine Corps
Office (760) 725-2506 (DSN Prefix: 365)

From: BKBridges [mailto:bbridges@flometrics.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 4:03 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: Re: runaway idle speed on 2000 slt+

Hey,
Ive seen the same thing on 4.7 vehicles...Heres a diagnostic concept.
Remove the large vacuum hose from the TB and block the vacuum port (you may
get a check engine light). Start the truck and try and get it to idle fast.
You might need to tee the vacuum line into your PCV to get the truck to run
properly. I am suspecting that the vapor purge system might have a weak
component /programming issue causing excessive air to get into the TB via
the vacuum port. A scanner can tell you how many counts the IAC motor is at
if you have access to one. My guess is it will be at full count (all the
way closed)...
Bruce Bridges
F&B