Re: runaway idle speed on 2000 slt+

From: John Burgan (jgburgan@radicus.net)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 19:11:22 EDT

I had the same problem on my 2000 after I replaced the stock throttle body
with a 68mm one off of a 2001. It took several months for the problem to
manifest itself, but once it did, it kept getting worse and worse. The truck
would idle at 3000 rpm, if I would put the stock 65mm back on everything was
fine. After doing some side by side comparisons of the the two I discovered
that the throttle body base was warped and it was not fitting flush against
the bottom of the o-ring that seals it to the manifold. It was about .010"
low in one corner and was allowing air in behind it, a light pass on a
milling machine and all was fine and has been for the last year.
Hope this helps,
-John