MSD 6AL and MSD Digital 6 Plus

From: The Stewarts (firebird@kymtnnet.org)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 12:00:50 EDT

OK, thanks to a very generous fellow here on the list, I have a digital 6
plus ignition control box sitting next to me. I currently have a Mopar
Performance/MSD 6AL installed on my truck. I am planning to use my nitrous
with my Mopar PCM so therefore I will need to pull some timing. the 6AL has
no built in retard but the D6 does. Now, what I was wanting was a retard I
could adjust inside the cab at a moment's notice. IE: Going from full timing
for NA performance to pulled timing for nitrous use. The D6's timing retard
is adjusted on the side of the unit, which would require me to pull over,
open the hood, adjust the timing and then take back off.

Now, my question is, would it be easier for me to make the D6 so I could
adjust the timing in the cab, or the 6AL? Is it even possible for both? What
would I need and what would be involved? Which of these ignitions is all
around better?

Thanks,

-Ryan
99 DA RC R/T
Off the road and receiving a few upgrades.