Re: Broken Posi? What does it sound like

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 09:34:07 EDT

my .02
I started hearing a clicking from my rear end while turning...
I recently had my 60k service done, and (along with all the rest) my dodge cretified monkey - I mean mechanic put the wrong stuff in my rear diff. This is unconfirmed, I couldn't get them to admit anything, but after 2 return trips in 2 days, they gave it to a different mech that put different stuff in it and, wow, it went back to working normally. Friggin dealers..

                              -Barry
MCP, A+, Network+, Server+

Contact Info:
=================
217-899-6105 Cell
217-467-8673 Page
=================

Alternate Email:
=================
barry.oliver@novanis.com
Username: barrysuperhawk
on AIM, Yahoo, MSN and AT&T Instant Messenging clients
=================

Efficiency is doing things right.
Effectiveness is doing the right things.

>>> tigers@bserv.com 08/30/02 10:00PM >>>

At 02:24 AM 8/31/02 +0000, you wrote:
>Hey all, well, for the past couple weeks now,when i make certain turns,
>i get a poping noise from the rear of the truck, like a metal clang, just 1
>pop. Im looking under it now to see if thiers something wrong.. been busy.
>It will mostly come from the passenger side back wheel area, when i turn
>on it, and sometimes from the right side but not often.. Could this be my
>posi unit? It just gives a CLANG type noise i guess heh. thnx all

If the sound only occurs when you're turning, then it's most
likely axle bearing(s).

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG