Re: 4.7L Oil "access" cover,skidplate,etc. etc.

From: kevin reimer (kwreimer@msn.com)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 19:25:59 EDT

The lwr cover is there for the protection, and too keep the lwr end clean
from dirt ,water,etc.. I too did not like the small hole cover, so i pulled
the hole cover off and then I just took a small hand saw and cut the hole
out so it is now squar more less, and cleaned up the edges.. This way I
stilll get some protection from the lwr large cover.and the oil filter is
now a piece of cake to remove along with less mess.