Add-a-leafs?

From: Hop (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 11:27:44 EDT

Howdy,
    I've come into a problem shortly after installing a rancho 3" lift on my
'97 Dak. It seems that the blocks on the rear axle are causing axle wrap.
When driving down the road I get a weird pulsation between 45-55. If I let
off the gas it goes away. If I get into the gas it goes away. It's just when
I'm cruising around that speed. It doesn't matter if I take o/d off or if I
switch to second and let the RMP's come up. At first I thought it was the
Torque converter not wanting to lock up (like it was hunting for a gear)
But, it's not that. It's like the rear axle is wrapping up or some sort of
harmonics and once it starts the only way to stop it is to lift the gas or
speed up. So my question is has anyone had a problem like this? Could the
pinion angle be off? Would ditching the blocks for an add-a-leaf fix it?
Also do they make a 3" add-a-leaf and if so where do I find one? Any thought
or input on this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
HOP.
Houston,TeXas
Metallic Red 97 SLT CC 4x4 5.2Mag 3.55 LSD
Flomaster 3"Custom cat-back, 180 Tstat,
MSD 8.5wires,Accel Brass cap& rotor,
K&N Drop-in,Auotlite 3923's,
Pirelli 32x11.50x15, Westin Nerf bars,
Tinted windows,VentShade's,
BugDeflectorII, Extang BlackMAX Tonneau,
3" Rancho And a DML STICKER!!...
http://glen.dodgedakotas.com/hop/
http://home.swbell.net/hopsdak/dak.html