Edelbrock Air Cleaner- Too Much Air???

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 01:23:06 EDT

Today I put on an edelbrock 10" air cleaner on my V6 dak. The install went
good, except I found out the bolt for the air hat was too short. After
finding a longer bolt, everything went on smooth. The round air cleaner
seems to go along great with my F&B 48mm throttle body.

However, tonight I took her out on a test drive, I began to worry. When I
slammed on the gas, I was revving at higher rpm's (4800 max) and the exhaust
was significantly louder. Also, I felt a small vibration in the gas pedal.
Yes, I seem to be a little quicker, but I am pretty concerned.

Is this stuff normal, or is the new air cleaner letting in too much air?

--
Gary Hedlin
"The Crazy Quadriplegic"