Thanks to all for the concern about the passing of my Father.

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 02:48:56 EDT

    Thanks to all for the concern about the passing of my Father. I got a
call from Mom on Sunday 8/25/02 at about 7:30am, We left for Fla. at 1pm
that afternoon. Drove nonstop-arrived Monday at 10:30am. Long 1255 miles. It
was a sudden and very unexpected death. I'm not going into the details,
boils down to carteact arrest. We laid him to rest on Wednesday. Later on
Wednesday Mom tells me that next Tuesday she needs to go in for a "out
patient procedure on her heart". Cindy and I decided to stay till Wednesday.
Once again we drove nonstop the 1255 miles back to TX. Happy to say my son
Jason has his license so the driving was split 3 ways.

Once thanks for prayers and you thoughts. Sad to say, but there is stuff
about my Dad I never knew until it was to late. Such as he had displayed an
astronomical telescope he made in the 1938 Worlds Fair, What he did in WW
II, Worked with the tracking of the Russian Spudneck (SP way off) Satellite
and awarded the Westinghouse award. Just to name a few things. Oh yea He
was 14 years old at the time of the 1938 Worlds Fair!

Don Mallett
 Son of Charles Richard "Dick" Mallett 1924-2002.

Dad, Rest in peace.