Re: learn to drive stick?

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 09:49:28 EDT

Hey, John,

<snip> you dont need a school, it only takes about a week of driving one to
get used
 to it.<snip>

A WEEK?!?!?! The U.S. Army made me learn in 3 HOURS!

Hey, Punch, aoll ya need is somebody with a vehicle with a clutch that's not
too badly worn, cuz learnin puts a little wear on em. If you find someone
who will let you wear down their clutch a bit, I suggest you take your shoes
(or at least your left shoe) OFF. I've taught many people how to drive a
stick & without shoes on they can get a better feel of what clutch
engagement feels like.
BTW, I volunteer the DAKSY if ya wanna run down!

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/