Re: Modified intake manifold

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 23:18:56 EDT

At 09:14 PM 9/7/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Q: Is a stock In-Manifold thats been cut down 2" and polished worth $50 ?
>I really cannot afford a M1 right now, but have been offered this piece
>instead.

You may not notice much difference in performance on the streets but
it should help at the track.

>Also can anything be done to stock heads from a 99 R/T that does not require
>too much money ? Also they should fit my 318 right ? I have been offered
>these as well for $50.

The 360 and 318 heads are the same. You can get the MP porting
template kit (under $27CDN incl. 15% taxes ... don't know U.S. price)
and, with dremel, grinding/polishing stone, do bowl porting and polishing.
You'll need to factor in the costs for new intake and head gaskets bolts
or studs (your choice) and possibly exhaust gaskets. Also, your time
... very labour intensive ... cannot be rushed).

IF they are in good shape, $50 is a steal :-)

>And lastly a stock cam is only good for a regrind correct ?

You can use it as a core when buying an aftermarket cam (Hughes, etc.).

>None of these parts (from a 99 R/T) in stock form will help my 318 will they
>?? Marty

No.

HTH.
Bob